Shopping Portal is a site-wide system that revolutionizes how Amazon retail experiences are built. Are you interested in working at the largest possible scale? Are you interested in making an impact across all pages? Are you interested in contributing to how the company is building new experiences? Then come be a part of that revolution! On the Shopping Portal team, you will have the opportunity to lead a strong team and shape the future direction of the system. Shopping Portal is a core component that powers every single page. We integrate with over 30 site-wide features and also provide a debugging toolkit to enhance the developer experience across the company. Shopping Portal is therefore a key system in delivering and experimenting with site-wide functionality to delight Amazon's customers.
You will use your technical prowess to deliver on challenging problems with simple, maintainable and extensible solutions. You will take risks and experiment, define and deliver solutions, build on success from the past and learn from failures. You will work alongside a team that collaborates and takes on shared goals to deliver solutions that are larger than each individual. You learn from others, and in turn make others around you better. You will have the opportunity to impact the technical choices we make at Amazon and how Amazon developers develop. This is a place where you can apply and further your strong technical skills while delivering impactful business results. Amazon is a place where builders build, and we enable Amazon builders. It's still Day One. Help us build the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate within a team and across other teams to launch best in class technical solutions.
. Improve Shopping Portal's operational excellence by driving performance and monitoring features.
• Troubleshoot problems, and in turn recommend and implement industry-leading solutions.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
. Excellent problem solving skills and strong computer science fundamentals
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to work well in a team, strong customer focus, and ownership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming