Business Data Technologies (BDT) collects petabytes of data from thousands of data sources inside and outside Amazon including the Amazon catalog system, inventory system, customer order system, page views on the website and Alexa systems. We provide interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day.
We're looking for a strong engineer who can help us improve the data analysis and job management services to the next level! You'll be owning central user experiences and APIs that enable our users to create and manage tens of millions of analysis jobs every month. You'll be part of a cross-functional 2-pizza team frontend, backend and machine learning engineers, and engage with product management, customers and BDT leadership to evolve one of BDT's most important services. Some exciting development projects in our pipeline include the creation and migration to a whole new scalable data model and persistence layer for job persistence, continued migration of core components to AWS, and building the framework to support the integration with CDK.
We are looking for software developers who long for the opportunity to design and build large-scale systems used by a wide spectrum of users, across a wide range of businesses. They'll use your experiences to analyze and derive insights from data critical to the continued success of Amazon's businesses.
What does it take to succeed in this role? You need to be creative, responsible, and excited to dig deep into AWS technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural improvements, and the customer perspective in the source of a single conversation. You will learn to master frontend technologies that interface with distributed systems, and create new (or improve upon existing) user experiences.
A day in the life
About the team
The Neuron team consists of backend, frontend and machine learning engineers, as well as project and product managers. Our culture is built around recognising diverse perspectives and we do not suppress opinions for the sake of conformity. In the same vein, we work together and empower one another to grow our careers. The goal is learn and have fun together while delivering results for Amazon!
We always strive to use AWS serverless technologies, and processes that can be safely automated, we automate. We also recognise that all software eventually runs its course, always looking to deprecate undifferentiated technologies.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related technical field)
* Proficiency in Java or C# development - Java preferred.
* Proficiency in Object-oriented design experience.
* Proficiency in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
* Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
* Designing and building distributed systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Any of the following qualifications would be preferred:
* Machine Learning experience, particularly in the forecasting field (deep learning, neural networks, LSTM, et al).
* Designing and building distributed systems in AWS using services like Batch, DynamoDB, Step Functions, Redshift, SES, SQS etc.
* SQL experience.
* Experience with REST architecture.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming