Do you want to define the future of Internet commerce?
Are you a top-notch software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, the drive to build and ship products often, a solid computer science foundation, and the desire to build Amazon's next generation Internet-facing technology? Come talk to us about joining our team to expand Internet commerce, where you will build cutting-edge applications and services in a highly-distributed environment used by millions of sellers. You will innovate to provide new functionality for sellers, deploy new web standards, or expand Amazon's products and services with the goal of making it as easy for anyone to sell on Amazon as it is to buy from Amazon.
Are you ready to create systems to expand one of the world's largest e-commerce engines?
If so, come be a member of Amazon's Selling Partner Service Technologies team. Our software engineers design and build world-class software solutions for millions of sellers from around the globe to sell on Amazon.com. Your work will be powering the Amazon online selling and many other innovative services in many countries and continents.
Are you excited to work at the scale of the biggest Internet companies?
You have the opportunity to help create solutions that will scale to accommodate rapid processing and integration with large enterprise customers. However, to make it even more interesting, the solutions must also support intuitive world class UI for your neighbor to sell extra books, video games, photography equipment, and the largest selection of possible products that can be found anywhere.
Bought something on Amazon lately?
Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with more than half of all items currently sold originating from marketplace sellers. Have you ever noticed the "See more buying choices" or "New & Used offers" while you're shopping on Amazon? Maybe you've sold an old textbook or extra movie yourself. The Amazon Selling partner Services team drives this multi-billion dollar business and develops solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon's Marketplaces.
Amazon is a premier place to build, deploy and operate Internet-scale services.
Join our development team to work hard, have fun and make history. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class websites.
Key job responsibilities
- Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using [Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming].
- Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
- Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation. Evaluate the use of new or existing software products and tools. Mentor junior development engineers.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services.
- Expert knowledge of Java.
- AWS Technologies such: DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
- Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming