Are you passionate about Distributed Systems, Cloud Computing and Big Data? Think about what it takes to process and store millions of financially significant transactions that are generated each day as millions of purchases are made, as thousands of merchants are paid, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, and as suppliers & vendors are paid!
We, the eCommerce Financial Integration (eCFI) development group in Vancouver, are looking for strong, innovative engineers to help us mold cloud computing and storage technologies into a secure, scalable, efficient platform for financial events processing, storage and analysis that will serve Amazon for the next decade.
As an engineer here, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platform that is the foundation for Amazon's financial reporting. We reliably handle data in high volume and velocity. You will interface with teams and systems inside and outside our org including Business systems, Financial Systems, and Accounting. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience through a data driven approach and scalable and robust software. Challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter and fast learner with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Who is eCFI?
eCommerce Financial Integration (eCFI), a division within Amazon's eCommerce Services Organization (eCS) is leading innovation in business systems integration and defining the future of financial accounting at Amazon scale. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce ecosystem and responsible for processing hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the center of Amazon's key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon's businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our systems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Key job responsibilities
* Solve intrinsically difficult big-data problems with architectural complexity and high levels of ambiguity.
* Own projects that impact the entire service, and influence or impact the services around your own.
* Deliver high quality code and artifacts that set the standards your team.
* Proactively look for opportunities to improve your services, and the services around you, making insightful contributions benefitting our customers.
* Participate in and raise the bar for our Operational Excellence in an on-call rotation.
* Are a strong communicator and collaborator, able to build consensus on contentious issues and bring teams together for the best outcomes.
* Are a technical leader and mentor for a team of engineers, raising the bar on code quality, operational excellence, security, project delivery, and more.
* Actively participate in the hiring process, helping ensure each engineer who joins our team raises the Amazon bar.
A day in the life
• You'll start your day joining or leading your team's stand-up, identifying where you can help unblock your fellow engineers, and calling out your own deliveries and challenges.
• As this weeks on-call Engineer, you continue to work on an issue with the service health dashboards indicating increased latency from one of our services. Figuring out the issue resulted from a recent deployment, you share with the team the root cause in our team Slack channel and follow-up with the engineer who wrote the recent deployment to get it resolved.
• You take some time to provide feedback for a newer SDE's code who's had some trouble with implementing some security libraries we use in the team, providing them with a better way to model their change and avoid taking too many dependencies in this one package.
• You'll drive this week's Team Tech Discussion, sharing a best practice for managing unit testing for latency issues you discovered in your on-call shift and get a new task from the Sr SDE and SDM to revisit this across all the services so we can avoid this going forward
• You're the mentor for our summer intern, so you take an hour to meet with them today for your weekly 1:1 and discuss how their internship project is going, and provide feedback on how they're working with the team.
• You wrap up the day checking in your code, and your code review helps your peers improve their styling.
About the team
* Are you looking to improve your work-life balance with a team that's known for it's flexible and supportive culture?
* Have you wanted to spend more time on your personal development and training, but your ops load holds you back?
* Do you care about solving big data problems at the scale of more than 500 million lines of new data every day?
* Are you interested in working on services that impact every organization across the Amazon eCommerce portfolio?
If you said yes to these, we should chat!
We're eCFI, the eCommerce Financial Integrations team, responsible for the foundation of Amazon's financial reporting, our services are responsible for making sure every dollar is accounted for in the 221 billion dollars of revenue Amazon's made this year alone.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems; • Strong communications skills; • Experience working in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban); • Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; • Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly; • Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming