Amazon CloudWatch Logs is one of the largest logs management and analytics services ingesting hundreds of peta-bytes of logs every month. We are constantly evolving the logging services that our customers use to gather operational telemetry about their . We are building new monitoring and observability services in the Containers and Serverless space and also shaping the future for the next generation of Logs Insights and Logs based applications that help customers reduce the mean-time-to-resolution. This is a unique opportunity to come in on the ground floor and define the direction of a strategic AWS service from to General Availability (GA) and beyond. Our team is looking for a front-end engineer to build, and maintain customer experiences that span multiple observability and interactive visualization use cases. You will help define, prototype, and build these experiences that empower developers, Ops and business decision makers to gain insights from applications in and beyond.To achieve this, you will collaborate closely with peers, product managers, designers, and the community.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We have multiple new initiatives planned for 2021, and are looking for engineers to help us and new User Experiences.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
• 2+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience required
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale focused on managing the infrastructure layer of the technology stack
• Technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale Unix engineering, building complex backend services, building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments
• Experience leading life cycle process and best practices
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, Middleware, and database related projectsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for customer experience and usability, including successful delivery of large scale software projects.
• Master's degree preferred
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• 5+ years of relevant experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming