Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable financial systems that support AWS's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
AWS Financial Technology Team is looking for a strong technical leader results-oriented, driven who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes building high-performance reliable systems, and enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually as we are building finance applications to manage the fastest growing AWS business.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a critical set of services. You will make analytical data-driven decisions, apply your strong technical ability to audit and design systems, manage engineering projects and evangelize your team's products and ideas. You will hire the best, mentor and develop your team. Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments. You will manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment. You will report on status of work, quality, and operations, and system performance to management. You will be responsible for both development and operations of the services.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with an object-oriented programming language; strong object-oriented design and algorithmic analysis background.
- Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Software development background in distributed systems, web application development, Java, Linux/UNIX, AWS services, NoSQL Databases, Big Data solutions.
- Experienced in using an iterative process such as SCRUM to deliver engineering projects; experience in continuous improvement to development process.
- Experience architecting systems on AWS platform a strong plus.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming