The Amazon Consumer Payments organization has several positions available for creative and independent engineers with a passion for scalable, high-performance services to define and build Amazon's Payments Acceptance & Experience systems and launch new payment methods across Amazon's global portfolio. You will use your experience to drive innovative, customer-focused payment solutions to provide local paying experiences for Amazon's customers around the globe.
As a member of the Amazon Payments Services Team, you will invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a massively scalable, rock-solid platform solution using object-oriented Java on various UNIX-flavored platforms. We are a fast-paced environment, using agile methodology and lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Amazon Payments Services build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. We are starting a new innovation team to innovate and provide a seamless payment experience to our customers across all platforms like mobile, web, voice etc. We will work with our networks and issuers to define and lead the payment experience for the industry.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated Engineering Leader to innovate and solve the challenges at a massive scale. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to develop cutting-edge systems. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver solid code that has broad business impact. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and start on the FinTech innovation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
• 8+ years of professional experience in software development
• 5+ years of experience managing a software engineering team
• Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years experience leading multiple, interdisciplinary teams, including technical leads, software engineers, devops engineers and project managers.
• Deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
• Payments Industry experience
• Experience with distributed systems,
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience delivering cloud services will be a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming