Interested in building the next-generation, multi-tenant products and services that support Amazon Digital businesses? Excited about building highly scalable and flexible transactional systems responsible for managing billions of orders and subscriptions? Ready to rise to the challenge to enable an ever-growing set of businesses across the Digital domain?
We are currently developing the next-generation, multi-tenant royalty calculations products to meet the new business models, simplify business onboardings and scale with the business growth. We are looking for an experienced leader who will own the development of these next generation solutions in the Royalty Automation space.
Key job responsibilities
This role is responsible for development of critical features to help businesses accurately calculate royalty payments across different digital transactions. This leader will hold Digital businesses to a high financial bar and develop products to view, debug and resolve unbooked transactions as well as provide foundational service capabilities for various promotional productions. You will be interfacing and influencing both business partner teams as well as various technology teams within the Digital domain.
You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of these services, including demonstration of operational excellence in managing these services. Candidates will need to think outside the box to quickly come up with innovative solutions to problems that are unique to Amazon. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing real time scalable systems and a strong technical ability. You will also be responsible for growing your team via hiring and developing engineers to meet their career goals.
If you are a passionate, self-motivated, excellent people leader and an effective delivery manager who loves solving deep technical problems then we are looking for a leader like you!
About the team
The Digital Accounting and Royalty Technologies team ensures the simplification and financial record-keeping automation of complex royalty payment and accounting rules, allowing digital businesses to eliminate their financial risk and focus on delighting their customers instead. Royalty services allow businesses to pay content-providers accurately, completely and on-time. Accounting services ensure all financial transactions are recorded accurately, promptly, and completely. We support the following Digital businesses - Prime, Kindle Unlimited, Audible, Applications, Music, Books, Newspapers, and Videos.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
• Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in partnering with customer experience design, product and program management teams
• Experience with delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Track record of bringing in and growing engineering talent
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiencesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
• Knowledge of software development best practices
• Experience operating critical systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming