At Amazon, our Sr. HR Partners are known to be subject matter experts on HR programs, processes and tools. They act as the frontline consultant to the business, working with managers in creating a positive employee experience and offering the best HR advice on people matters. They operate and are seen as subject matter experts, having deep knowledge in company and local programs, processes and policies; and offer strong, credible and compelling advice to business leaders on how to manage their team. They are dedicated towards collaboration with multiple HR Business Partners and HR Specialists aligned to various businesses.
The Sr. HR Partner will act as an influential partner in helping managers with talent management processes, people development, and implementation of organizational changes. Thanks to their visibility across organizations and their access to employee data, HR Partners are in a position to spot trends, identify emerging needs and address them in partnership with the appropriate business or HR stakeholders. The Sr. HR Partner supports managers on employee issues including disciplinary, performance improvement and grievance processes.
1. Performance management
- Work with people leader through performance management cases
- Analyze data and trends on ER and performance management, in order to provide input to the business strategy with the relevant HR Business Partner to prevent the recurrence of known issues
2. Project management
- Lead projects; define project plans; manage stakeholders, scope, schedules and expectations.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders on commitments, timelines and deliverables.
- Effectively prioritize competing projects for the team; understand when to escalate.
3. Talent Management
- Coach, train and guide managers during the Talent Management and Annual Compensation Planning processes
- Consult Managers on employee compensation concerns
4. People Development
- Enable the success of new and experienced managers by leveraging, delivering and improving existing training content and Inside pages, and working with the central Talent Development teams to anticipate and address emerging needs
- Support managers and employees in identifying training opportunities to further develop functional and managerial skills
- Support people managers with career conversations, Development Plans/Career Growth Plans and other development initiatives
5. Organization and change management
- Manage employees' programs and managers to drive improvements in employees' engagement
- Provide guidance to HR Business Partners and the business on change initiatives
6. Employee Relations & Support
- Process ownership for Employee Relations management, including disciplinary and performance improvement
- Consult managers on people matters that require in depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation
- Conduct investigations and manage employee relations cases, in coordination with the Employee Relations and with the Legal departments
- Manage the exit process, including conducting ad-hoc exit interviews
- Review local policies and processes in order to ensure that they are fit for purpose
7. HR Generalist
- Act as stewards of the employee experience and Amazon's culture
- Act as Point of Contact and Program Manager for people tools, processes, programs or projects
- Design and deliver Manager Education initiatives to further drive collective education and manager effectiveness
- Analyze data and observations across the organization, highlighting trends and recommending/driving solutions, as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in Human Resources or related field
- 6+ years of relevant Human Resources experience
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Project management and execution skills
- Coaching and consulting skills
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and analysis
- Possess conviction and tenacity, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Drives recommendations and prioritization in collaboration with HR or business leaders to put decisions into a broader business context
- Thrives in a high-pressure, ambiguous environment and able to manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team & business
- Take the lead when faced with new and challenging opportunities
- Are passionate about using data and analytics; are excited about having one of the world's largest data warehouses at their fingertips
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.