The Amazon SQS team is recruiting a Senior Product Manager - Technical for our service. Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) is a fully managed message queuing service that enables customers to decouple and scale microservices, distributed systems, and serverless applications. Amazon SQS is widely used across various segments, ranging from the largest media and gaming customers to the hottest up-and-coming Silicon Valley startups.
This is a highly visible role with the ability to meaningfully influence how people will use cloud computing for years to come. This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. Amazon's growth requires leaders who are owners, and who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to create new products. Our leaders solve complex, innovative problems and get things done.
We need a passionate product manager who dives deep and has demonstrated success in building strong business cases, managing high-growth, successful product launches, and driving customer success. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you plan, design, and deliver the best experience for millions of customers. Your passion for the potential of computing to improve people's lives, and your experience of leading complex technology products will help you make strong business judgments. The right candidate will bring a good mix of experience with integration platforms, product management skill set, and a roll-up-your-sleeves, entrepreneurial approach.
Our Product Managers - Technical are responsible for end-to-end product ownership over one or more of our technical products. You are expected to dive deep into the technology from both a product and customer perspective. Customers may include developers, IT departments, or enterprise CIOs from the world's best companies. To succeed, you have technical acumen and a passion for both technology and business.
From day 1, you will be responsible for a large product and have the autonomy to think strategically and make data-driven decisions to drive innovative solutions. Over their careers, successful PM-Ts will be exposed to multiple businesses/products, and will grow into senior executives who independently run large business segments and organizations.
If you're entrepreneurial and want to build and own transformative technology-driven products, join us in making history.
Key Strategic Objectives:
• Provide messaging and event-driven computing services in the cloud that are reliable, easy to use, secure, and inexpensive. You will connect deeply with the developers of enterprise systems and ensure that our offerings are easy to adopt and meet customers' needs as they evolve.
• Drive broad adoption and provide unparalleled customer experience. Develop a strategic and tactical plan that drives additional awareness, trial, adoption, and repeat usage of our services. The mechanisms you should evaluate and be comfortable with include feature development, pricing changes, various marketing channels (e.g., public relations, developer evangelism, promotions), customer surveys and profiling, partner management, sample applications, and technical documentation.
• Lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth. The right leader will evolve and scale the organization along with the business. You will lead by example, being just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as you are about all other aspects of the customer experience. With the business growing rapidly, you will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and among features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
Key job responsibilities
• Build a roadmap and define features that delight our customers, drive adoption, and increase utilization of our services.
• Determine new pricing models that will be required to meet the market demand.
• Perform outbound marketing and product launch activities.
• Own the strategy to drive growth in existing and new markets.
• Report to senior leadership on the state of the business.
• Manage communications to customers pertaining to service interruptions or other issues with services that may impact them.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, work reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded product manager and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field • 5+ years of Product Management experience in a technical environment • Excellent communication and analytical skills, including the ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems • High attention to detail and the ability to lead multiple, contending priorities simultaneously • Experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from disparate sources in order to drive conclusions and recommendations • General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and confirmed ability to influence othersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
MBA or other advanced degree • Experience delivering software products and features using Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies in a DevOps environment • Experience with large scale SaaS platforms including systems involving complex business logic • Experience with enterprise software and customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive