Do you want to help build the next big global business for Amazon? Have you built compelling products from vision to technical implementation working across multiple global stakeholder tech teams? If so, then come join the Amazon eCommerce Financial Integration group, where we are building enterprise services that are simple to use but highly configurable and deal with off-the-chart complexity and scale.
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and highly motivated Sr. Product Manager - Technical. In this role you will define, execute, and deliver a global product roadmap that adds significant incremental value to Amazon customer groups. You will own 1-2 core Product Pillars within the Subledger and Handoff Controls space, which includes setting the product strategy and vision, development and prioritization of new features, technical scoping and tradeoff decisions, and deployment. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, business, operations, data science, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of owning and delivering high-quality products from initial visioning through to deployment; they must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. This role will require significant engagement with partner tech teams and proven ability to get critical features above the line on other tech roadmaps.
1. Product Vision: Define the product vision in alignment with rhythm of business (i.e. annual planning, 3-year planning, etc.). Use knowledge of both Amazon and the industry to ensure the platform stays current with emerging technologies and industry trends.
2. Strategy, roadmap, and requirements: Develop the product roadmap by defining both long term strategy and short-term plans to achieve the product vision and deliver business results. Assess the needs, opportunities, and pain points for the platform within Amazon's evolving systems landscape. Manage a cross-functional process for prioritizing, delivering and launching major product releases and incorporating enhancement requests to existing features. Deliver in a consistent cadence of release. Translate customer needs into product requirements. Develop comprehensive requirements and use cases in alignment with the roadmap.
3. Sustain: Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle from concept to launch. Be the internal and external authority and advocate for your given area of focus.
4. Adoption: Readiness planning starts when the project is conceived. Communicate and coordinate launch across all organizations including line of business teams, engineering teams, and accounting teams. Pre-coordinate with adopting teams. Define, deliver (or update) press releases, readiness materials, FAQs, etc. as required to support the launch.
5. Project management results: Define both long term strategy and short-term plans to achieve the product vision and deliver business results. Manages the coordination of activities (from projects to TT) into a single product release. Works closely with engineering teams in an agile environment. Helps with schedule and risk management. Provides escalation management, helps make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus technical constraints.
6. Communications. Both facilitate and develop content for meetings up to the leadership level landing the appropriate message for the audience. Trap key agreements and next steps. Manage effective communication to users and stakeholders using Amazon communication protocols such as Wiki, SharePoint, newsletters, etc.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience in technical product management
• Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers and team members using both written and oral communications
• Experience with core product management function, including feature delivery, estimation, prioritization
• Experience with end to end technical product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition in an Agile product development environmentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience leading financial systems product development with technical depth
• Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and driving innovation on behalf of internal and external customers
• Comfortable assessing and taking risks
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail including precise and effective stakeholder communication, and proven ability to manage multiple projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive