EC2 Networking has been one of the foundational pieces that has allowed customers to move to the cloud. We manage the traffic flowing through one of the largest networks in the industry, managing billions of requests. EC2 Networking is re-inventing itself again, and on a mission to transform how customers use networking.
We need your help though! We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer who wants to build a next-generation networking service that will shift how customers use networking in the cloud. We need someone who will think big, deal with copious amounts of ambiguity, have laser focus on customers, and drive for results. We would like someone who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get things done. At the end of the day, you can't build anything without great engineers, so we want a technical leader who grows and develops the other engineers on the team too.
This role is remote-friendly based in Canada.
A successful candidate is a strong engineer who is eager to grow their technical craft and help elevate the team around them. You're eager to be part of an exciting business and to add impactful value to internal and external customers alike.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- 7+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming