Amazon's LENS team is looking for a Senior TPM to lead complex and highly ambiguous technical projects which enable some of the most challenging cross border solutions to customers globally. This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that has direct impact on keeping our customers and partners safe, protect associates, and ensure legal and regulatory compliance across Amazon globally.
As a senior software leader the candidate must have strong problem-solving skills and communication skills, and an ability to influence business and technical leaders in a dynamic environment. LENS Team is working on some greenfield initiatives in regulatory and trade compliance domain to develop scalable platforms for use among internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a track record of software development, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems. The candidate should be open to new challenges and be data driven. The candidate should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
Key job responsibilities
As a Sr TPM, you will:
- Define and deliver programs with significant complexity that have broad cross-organizational, global, and technology impact.
- Consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgment to decisions. You will assess risk, drive clarity, and create the correct sense of urgency for delivery.
- Own the technology roadmap for broader set of systems and manage a portfolio of programs and directly lead the design, implementation and delivery of a highly complex cross-functional project in an ambiguous and/or new technology area.
- Identify when a design or solution requires additional technical guidance (e.g., from senior engineers or subject matter experts). You will show excellent judgment in driving executive-level escalations and effectively partner with all levels of leadership.
- Bring great customer obsession, effective engineering program management expertise, ability to simplify and solve complex technology problems, strong communication and collaboration skills.
About the team
LENS team is responsible for building tech solutions which aim to earn trust with the regulatory bodies, enforcement agencies and Selling Partners across the world. We aspire to be the authoritative source for all interactions with regulatory bodies and enforcement agencies globally.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Master's degree or advanced technical degree.
- Experience in a leadership position in cross-functional, highly collaborative environment.
- Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies, especially Scrum, Kanban and/or Scrum-ban.
- Experience working with NoSQL, AWS, micro-services architectures, RESTful APIs, and responsive human centered UI design.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive