STO 27R - Senior Indigenous Relations Advisor
Scientific/Technical Off R27
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division
Major Projects and Alternative Procurement/ Integrated Transportation and Infrastructure Services
Job Summary Senior Indigenous Relations Advisor
Scientific Technical Officer R27
This position can be performed from multiple communities and the location of the position is negotiable.
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career!
The Senior Advisor manages Indigenous Relations and consultation activities for Major highway infrastructure projects, which have high economic value, high risk for legal challenges, and high political impacts. Highway projects are on Crown Land and require a determination of the potential or proven aboriginal interests. This position carries out consultations and negotiations to address Indigenous Relations' concerns while minimizing any negative impacts on projects.Most major projects are located in the Lower Mainland.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Bachelor's Degree in Indigenous Studies, Resource Management or related field, with a minimum of 1 year of *related experience, OR
• Diploma in Indigenous Studies, Resource Management or related field, with a minimum of 3 years of related experience, OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may
be considered.*Related experience must include one or more of the following:
• Experience participating in and\or leading the consultation process with Indigenous communities.
• Experience and\or participation in negotiating agreements and settlements with Indigenous groups.
• Experience building and maintaining relationships with Indigenous communities.
• Experience managing multiple projects and\or portions of major projects.Preference may be given to applicants with:
• Operational Experience with highway infrastructure.
• Experience with property acquisition, contract services, and tenure related negotiations.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
-Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Scientific and Technical