Do you want to impact millions of customers? Do you want to work on open source projects? Do you feel passionate about working with highly scalable and available systems? Do you get excited at the idea of designing and delivering next generation cloud infrastructure? Your quest is finally over!
AWS CloudFormation provides an easy declarative way to create, deploy and manage applications and infrastructure in the AWS cloud. The CloudFormation teams are pioneers in the "Infrastructure as Code" space. We develop distributed systems that spin up infrastructure across AWS at unprecedented scale. This would have an impact in shaping our resource framework that allows CloudFormation to provision hundreds of AWS services. We are looking for full stack developers to join our amazing team, who excel in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment where we love pushing the boundaries to innovate, learn while we design and develop new software, and create solves in a huge internal and external problem space.
You'll get to learn, grow and work with amazing team to:
Design/develop/iterate developer tools and services that are used by thousands of AWS users.
Work with and learn many different technologies every day including Java, REST, Go, Python etc..,
Deeply own the full stack and entire lifecycle of our products, from the roadmap to the design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development and deployment of both services and web apps.
Interface closely with internal and external customers to quickly drive new products and new features.
The CloudFormation team values work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Seattle office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 5pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have an on-call rotation where you'll participate once every 5-6 weeks. We work together to reduce our on-call load by ensuring that our systems are fault tolerant, and resolve the root cause of an issue so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
This position involves on-call responsibilities typically 2 weeks (one week as Primary and another week as Secondary) for every 2 months. We work diligently to ensure our systems are fault tolerant. When we get paged, we work together to resolve root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Video on CloudFormation: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/
Key job responsibilities
- Work in an agile team to build and manage massively scaled services.
- Develop infrastructure-as-code software to stand-up large distributed services globally.
- Design fault tolerant, highly available (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) solutions.
- Identify and remove scaling bottlenecks in large-scale distributed systems.
- Work with other engineers to diagnose and resolve customer issues including as part of on-call rotation.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Software Engineering, DevOps, SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) or Cloud Infrastructure experience.
- Programming skills with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, Golang, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl including OOP.
- Demonstrated knowledge with the Linux Operating System and its command line tools.
- Systems Engineering/SRE experience in a large, distributed environment focusing on automation.
- Technically sound in software development and life cycle.
- Experience using AWS/Cloud services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, IAM and CloudFormation.
- Strong knowledge of software fundamentals like web traffic (HTTP, TCP, REST), IP Networking, VPNs, Load Balancers etc.
- Skills in containerization technologies such as Docker, ECS, EKS and Kubernetes.
- Setup and use of monitoring frameworks such as CloudWatch, Influx DB/TICK, grafana, ELK, prometheus, splunk, Nagios, NewRelic and Dynatrace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming