We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join the Amazon MQ team. You will own and help refine roadmap to automate all aspects of systems management, drive constant performance improvement in our systems, mentor other engineers, and drive operational excellence at high scale.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! Our team creates and operates Amazon MQ that provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure for building highly scalable, asynchronous, and fault-tolerant cloud applications. If you are passionate about the challenges of large scale, building cutting-edge technologies, and making applications easy and reliable then the Amazon MQ is the team for you. Amazon MQ is one of the fastest growing AWS services and customers are excited to use our service because they can meet their messaging needs while using standards like AMQP and JMS. Our team builds on top of the latest AWS serverless technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, Step Functions, Chain Reactions, CodeDeploy, and CloudFormation, among others.
The Amazon MQ is growing fast, and is innovating in big and brand new feature areas. We are looking for a Engineer who is obsessed with operational excellence, automation and availability. How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You want to automate common and complex tasks in fault-tolerant that operate at scale. You love diving deep into systems to identify latency and availability root causes. You find center build-outs, performance engineering, and other scaling activities to be a joy. Finally, you insist upon giving customers what they want: quality, highly usable, always-on services.
In this position you'll get to:
- Work with developers to build and manage massively scaled systems
- Automate all aspects of systems management
- Build systems in new centers and regions, and add/manage capacity in existing regions as our usage grows
- Optimize the performance of our systems by analyzing and deploying new hardware configurations
- Track the health of our services, identify problems, drive to root cause, and fix
- Collaborate with some of the leading minds in systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years building and running for Internet-facing services
- A minimum of 3 years experience in scripting (Perl/ or Shell) and automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Experience with TCP/IP network troubleshooting and administration
- Experience in a 24x7 production environment, esp. one based on Linux
- Excellent troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host
- Experience with management and monitoring software (home-grown or commercially available)
- Experience with performance testing and tuning
- Automation or monitoring framework experience, deployment or development
- Experience with very large such as multi-terabyte storage farms, and/or horizontally scaled request processing fleets
- Experience with SQL scripts and database administration preferred
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance