Description What to expect as a User Experience Designer at Elastic Path?
Elastic Pathâ€™s core products, Elastic Path Commerce and Elastic Path Commerce Cloud, provide a headless commerce platform that gives incredible flexibility in meeting a businessâ€™ ecommerce needs to serve their customers. And with every powerful platform, there needs to be equally powerful business tooling that accompanies it to manage and maintain the experiences.
As a UX designer at Elastic Path you will work together with a diverse team including developers, product managers, QA, content writers, and customer success to uncover and solve the various challenges the businesses using our platforms face by evolving and enhancing both our platform and the tooling around our platform.
Weâ€™re looking for you to bring your product design skills to the table while applying them in an end-to-end iterative design process to help make complex business tasks manageable for our users. A link to your design portfolio will be required for consideration, please submit this as part of your application. Â
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in Canada, however we have a strong preference for candidates located in ET/AT as this roleÂ will interface regularly with our UK team. Elastic Path is currently operating with a work from home model and will be transitioning to a choose-your-option hybrid model. Key Responsibilities:
The candidate should be a storyteller who can visualize experiences and untangle complex problems with the ability to balance business, technical and design limitations.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Youâ€™ll own projects from start to finish, leading UX initiatives within your team to define and explore the complex business problems that our platform can help solve for businesses
- Partner with product management to help guide teams to explore and develop solutions, creating any suitable design deliverables to support your design work such as journey maps, user flows, sketches, wireframes, and low and high-fidelity prototypes
- Interact with key business & technology stakeholders to help define, analyze, and contribute to requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Continually iterate to ship valuable, high-quality work, understanding that the first idea is not always the best and that not everything can â€" and should â€" be done in the first go around
- Engage and interact with customers to learn about their pain points and needs
- Contribute to maturing UX practices across Elastic Pathâ€™s cross functional product team
- Understand and apply Elastic Path security policies, processes, and controls as required, in day-to-day tasks.
Who we are: Â
- 3+ years of experience in end-to-end iterative design â€" from conducting user research, developing information architectures, journey mapping, system flow mapping, wireframing, prototyping, user interface design and user testing
- A desire to solve problems, simple or complex, because solving problem means helping users achieve their goals
- Experience collaborating closely with multi-discipline teams including engineering and product
- Ability to think creatively, but also pragmatically â€" understanding the value of trade-offs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable with our design tool of choice, Figma
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the worldâ€™s leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other â€¯ leading enterprises. We pioneered the â€¯ Headless Commerce â€¯ space in 2011 and spearheaded â€¯ Composable Commerce â€¯ in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others. Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by. The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located.Â You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page . Apply Now!
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted â€" however they choose to identify
Software and Programming Management and Executive